Thursday, October 31, 2013

I Hate Cancer.

Hey Dad guess what we had our little Halloween dinner last night. 

The memory of us around the kitchen table 6 years ago went through my mind as I sat and watched mom make us our dinner without you once again. Why why why.

I wish that wasn't our last Halloween dinner.

Moms boyfriend is a real tool. But you probably already know that. I wish I could see how angry you get every time he makes her sad. Because if I get pissed about it then I can't even imagine how mad you are. 

She cries a lot dad. She cries when us kids are at work or when we go to bed. It breaks my heart. 

I wish that you could be here for the dances I go to. I went to homecoming with my best friend and don't you worry he did not try to kiss me that would have been gross. I bet you made him ask me so nothing would happen.. smart move. 

I have amazing friends dad. You would absolutely love them and they would have loved you. I talk about you all the time to them so I can pretend like you are here in a way. It works sometimes. 

The worst day of the year is coming up dad. And its the day you left this earth. I just ask one thing. Please help me know you are happy. Because if you are happy I can find it in me to be happy on that day. 

Oh and dad. I love you.




6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. Love you and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok and now I am sitting alone crying so this is great.

    Such a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the greatest person I know. I don't think you realize how much this means. Some people really overdramatize when someone they love dies and it just seems weird when they get to their blogs and write something super complex about it. This was so simple and that's why I think it was more powerful than anything I've ever read like it. I don't know you well, obviously, but so far, I know when I'm a dad, I want to have a father-daughter relationship like you and your dad do.
    I just wish I was one of those friends to hear you talk about him.
    If that made any sense. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That made sense:) thank you so much you have no idea what that means to me.

      Delete