Sunday, December 8, 2013

Trying To Remember.

I remember trying to remember you.

I'm trying to remember you because memories are all that's left.

I'm trying so dang hard because I only got 8 years. 


I remember your southern accent telling me that everything was going to be okay. 

I remember dancing with spoons as microphones in the kitchen.
I remember. 
I remember your witch costume on Halloween.  
I remember you. 
I remember you being sad that I wanted to drive with dad instead of you.
I remember watching lifetime movies in your bed even though I was to young to understand them. 
I remember picking cherries from our tree.
I remember the look on your face when I told you I played kissy tag at recess. 
I remember.
I remember the day my little brother was born and I was worried cause I wouldn't be the only one. 
I remember coming home with a broken arm and you crying harder than me.
I remember asking you if you were the tooth fairy. 
I remember you planting flowers. 
I remember your smile.
I remember you told ME to smile cause I didn't want to go to kindergarten.
I remember you singing me to bed. 
I remember your gross healthy drinks you had to drink.
I remember trying one of them.
I remember you buying my friends a gumball.
I remember asking dad why you had to stay in bed forever.
I remember.
I remember.
I remember coming home one day and you weren't in bed anymore.

And I'm trying SO hard to remember these things because it was so long ago. 

And I'm sorry Nelson it wasn't a very happy post. 

But I needed to try to remember. 


7 comments:

  1. "But I needed to try to remember."

    This was incredible. And tear jerking. And truth. As you kinda know, I relate. It's beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was breathtaking. I'm sorry. I'm left speechless right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know what to say I am so overcome with emotions. I wish this comment could more adequately express how I feel right now, but I am so touched and so full of every emotion imaginable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "And I'm sorry Nelson it wasn't a very happy post.

    But I needed to try to remember."

    Nailed it

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was so perfect. But so sad. And that's okay. Thank you.

    "And I'm sorry Nelson it wasn't a very happy post.

    But I needed to try to remember."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm speechless right now. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete