Friday, November 29, 2013

Don't Delete Chain Mail

One time when I was 13 I got an email that said send to 20 people and do NOT delete or else you will have bad luck the rest of your life and you shall DIE! 

I deleted it. 

And I'm starting to think that email changed the past few years of my life.

And I m starting to think that it changed a lot considering this is my THIRD time writing this stupid prompt because I accidentally clicked cut instead of copy. 

Bad luck. 

And I'm starting to think all of this because how else do you explain it?

How else do you explain all of this.

All of the inconvenient timing of things and the accidents. 

How else do you explain that I was out of town for the only Killers concert they will have in Utah before I leave. 

Or how about that every time I go to the fridge to get milk for my cereal it's enough for a fly. 

Or if I just gave that guy a chance last year when he liked me I wouldn't pulling my hair out now cause he got a girlfriend and I like him. 

Or if I was just there on that day at that time I could have stopped my own heart from breaking. 

If I just told him the simple word no. 

Or if I just ran outside a minute earlier to hug my dad for the last time.

If I just fastened my seat belt at the age 8.

If the cancer could have waited just one more week.  

If I just if I just if I just

What if what if what if

Or if or if or if 

If i was just there on that day at that time I could have stopped my own heart from breaking.

But. 

Out of all of those unfortunate events something good came out of it. 

I didn't die. So the email was very wrong.



















15 comments:

  1. This breaks my heart. A lot of this spoke to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy eff. This is one of my favorites for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh danggit

    "If I just if I just if I just

    What if what if what if

    Or if or if or if "

    ReplyDelete
  4. so good. so honest. you really are so talented. thanks for writing list. its nice to know i'm not the only one with bad luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're specific when you need to be, and vague when you need to be. That's not strategy, it's talent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Almost forgot, good background. I like her for some reason and she intimidates me with the cheetah shoes for some reason and I'd probably be too afraid to talk to her so if that's you then I'm glad I'm hiding behind a pen name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't notice her shoes, but yeah.

      I see what you're saying.

      Delete
  7. I really enjoyed reading this.

    I'll be honest. I went from thinking "this girl's weak, she's got white people problems, first world problems."

    And then it got real. And I felt bad for thinking that.

    You went from superficial to heartbreaking in about 6 seconds. Kinda like life does sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with that last sentence. I really like your writing a lot. It's just so different than a lot of these blogs.

      "You're specific when you need to be, and vague when you need to be. That's not strategy, it's talent."

      Delete
  8. Ha I loved this made me think about all the chain letters I deleted and the inconvenient things that happened. You've got the right idea and talent

    ReplyDelete
  9. There's nothing I could say that would be anything compared to what's been said and that would tell you how this made me feel. So I'll just say thank you for now, for breaking my heart with your words (in a good way). Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked it. Yeah. Kind of speechless. Sorry this comment sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Or if I just gave that guy a chance last year when he liked me I wouldn't pulling my hair out now cause he got a girlfriend and I like him. "

    100% me. Ahhhhh

    ReplyDelete